More of Me

http://weheartit.com

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I've always loved Trees!

The Bible speaks of "a time to plant" (Ecclesiastes 3: 2), and for me that time is NOW! October in it's 9 days of glory has not only been seriously overwhelming it has also brought many tears, pleading prayers and bouncing thoughts from ever area in my life. When I moved to this area, Brentwood, CA in March 2011, form Texas, it was as if I was completely numb. Actually I was completely numb. I had no emotions, I just pretended everything was great. I'd put a smile on my face and tell you everything you wanted to hear. I wasn't myself and I didn't know how to get back to the girl who once was always smiling, singing and loving everyone without hesitation. That girl I speak of, Me, well she is slowly softening and getting back to her roots. And boy am I ready to "plant".
I am currently reading a book that has inspired me to write this blog.One particular chapter really stood out to me. And I want to 
share with you a I thought of from this book. And exlain why it stood out so much. OK, here it is, my version of it. Ive tweaked the words and people so its as if I'm the person who's writing this story, instead of the author.

"I planted 13 baby creeping figs who's job was to soften the harshness of the new brick walls that  replaced the old fence I had so it can be a barrier
between my neighbors and I. Twelve of those new figs dutifully shot out their magic fingers and became a friendly possession of the wall. One plant, however, slowly weltered, shrank, dried up, and finally died. I got off work and went to the nursery and bought a replacement for the poor fig that didn't make it, changed my clothes, got out my shovel, bent over the dead vine, fully prepared to work at digging it out of the ground so that I can put the new one in. As i grasped the plant, to my surprise, the shovel wasn't necessary. The plant easily came out with just a tug. There were no roots! Although the plant had enjoyed all the right conditions above ground, something was missing beneath the surface of the soil. It lacked the root system it needed vitally for drawing the much needed nourishment and moisture from the soil."

~ I loved this because this simple garden scenario portrays a spiritual truth for you and I as God grows in us a heart of faith. We must be devoted to creating and taking care of our nourishment and what we need as a root system! Roots make all the difference in the health of a plant, and their presence or absence ultimately becomes known to all. The plant either flourishes or fails, thrives or dies, blossoms or withers.
The Health of anything; whether it be a garden plant or a heart devoted to God completely reflects what is going on ( or not going on) underground.


More to come! I'm just getting started! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment