More of Me

http://weheartit.com

Monday, October 10, 2011

I said there was more to come. Trees Part 2




So... After a restless night of 4 hours of sleep and working at 6 am God is still challenging me and changing me. Realizing I was being more like Saul, whom cared solely for his own will. When really I should be more like David and be concerned with following God's will, not mine! I do suffer from anxiety, and I know all of you who know me, know how impatient I am!!! But God is truly teaching me and molding my heart into a woman after God's own heart! I am embarrassed by the mistakes I've made in the last week but it is now time to focus on the future not the past. So here our some more thoughts on my love for trees and their wondrous roots!
Roots are unseen. Like those creeping baby figs that blossomed and flourished in all their green goodness we to need to be a light for Jesus. But this is where it gets tricky. And this is where I question myself. Am I really working alone with God to please Him and only Him? Or who am I doing this for? My family? My friends? Someone I love? The answer to that should definitely be a huge NO! It should be no, I am doing this for my personal relationship with my Almighty Creator! But unfortunately, I find myself doing that at times. I hope you can relate as well.. So again like a creeping fig or a Weeping Willow (my favorite tree of all!) My roots spiritual roots are underground, invisible to others. I'm talking my private life, my hidden life, the secret life we enjoy with God and worshipping Him, out of the public eye.
OK picture this: An ice burg only shows 1- seventh of its self above the visible surface, and any good and wise sailor knows not to get too close because underneath spreads the other 6- sevenths! Wow! That blows my mind! It actually makes me think of the Titanic, but anyway, lol, only a small fraction of an ice burg can be seen to the visible eye. And its icy mass is enough to bring fear, awe, dread, and respect to any sailor.
And That's what I want for my life! I want other people that know me or are getting to re know me, that I may stir up this kind of awe and wonder when I am around fellow christian or even a civilian. I want my strength in public to to be shown because of what goes on between my Lord and I. My heart to His. My cries to His! I want to keep reading and studying His Word so I can faithfully nurture what is beneath the surface of my life. My ROOTS! I want people to marvel at what they see of God's work in me. Not just a welcoming smile or a friendly hug. There is so much more to me then this loud, snorting, silly read headed girl who loves Jesus! Because... I DO LOVE JESUS! :)



Reference's: The Bible and "A women after God's own heart" by Elizabeth George

No comments:

Post a Comment